Continuing its efforts to combat the increase in cases of street racing and the number of vehicles with loud/modified exhausts, the Newport Beach Police Department’s Traffic Division has staged an enforcement operation of the law on Saturday, August 13.
This joint law enforcement operation involves motorcyclists and other officers from the Newport Beach Police Department, Seal Beach Police Department, Huntington Beach Police Department, Laguna Police Department Beach, the Santa Ana Police Department, the California Highway Patrol, as well as two California Highway Patrol referees. The Bureau of Automotive Repair assisted in law enforcement efforts along coastal Orange County as well as highway and arterial access points along the coast.
The Newport Beach Police Department would like to thank our allied law enforcement and state agency partners for their assistance in this law enforcement operation and looks forward to more joint operations in the future. .
Thanks to this successful joint operation:
- 206 vehicles were stopped for violations
- 177 vehicles were cited for vehicle code violations (which includes loud/modified exhaust)
- 16 vehicles were inspected on-site for modified exhaust violations by a BAR arbitrator
- 1 vehicle was cited for going over 100 MPH
- 3 Vehicles were stopped and drivers/passengers were arrested for (1) possession of a loaded firearm, (1) unlicensed driver/warrants and (1) escape from a peace officer.